Sunday, July 5, 2009

A Sympathy Vote for PMS!

I had forgotten how miserable I can be....towards other people! My pregnancy and subsequent "post pregnancy" era had provided a nice long vacation for my hormones (and my family) from that nasty 3 or 4 day stretch each month where I turn into an absolute bear. It's a tricky situation because I know that I'm being cranky and yet am powerless to stop it. If at all possible, I would hide out in my bedroom the entire time eating bon-bons and reading smut books. Unfortunately, I have tried this and found it hard to relax in between constant requests for more cereal, validation of boo-boos and help finding underwear in the dryer. Alas, this scary time always passes before there is any bloodshed (so far) and everyone in our home breathes a sigh of relief, until next month.

1 comment:

  1. Definitely get a sympathy vote from me, even though I myself am avoiding it right now and may breastfeed for 2 years in order to continue avoiding it. Who am I kidding, couldn't make it 5 months with the first!!

    ReplyDelete