Friday, November 13, 2009

Tiptoeing Through the Snow

Here I am, trying to be a better (more consistent) blogger. Of course it's easier when trapped inside by freezing temperatures and slippery conditions (and I'm procrastinating doing my housework and my "real job"). Anywhoooooo......

I have a feeling that this winter will be harder on Beanie than the rest of us. Luckily, we humans don't have to squat in the snow. Each morning I chuckle as I take "the girls" out to check their "pee-mail" and Beanie tries in vain to find a spot that is not covered in snow. She tiptoes through the snow, lifting each paw high in the air, as if she is too good to get her mitts cold and wet. After about 5 minutes of searching the yard she bites the bullet and squats in the snow. Without fail there is usually a look of shock, mixed with disgust, on her face as her butt touches the snow. Beanie has been subjected to a lot in her years with us (being mauled by babies, being dressed up, moving over and over), but I'm fairly certain if she could speak she would say there is nothing worse than sticking your pooty-poo into the snow!

Ahhh, something new to say at the table this Thanksgiving when we go around and tell what we're thankful for.....I don't have to pee in the snow! :)-

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh my Dog! I'm dying here...Windy makes that face everytime I make her pee and or (DOG forbid!) SIT! in the Grass! She HATES the grass and looks at me with this half grin/half disgust because it tickles her butt!

    ReplyDelete