Saturday, December 26, 2009

Julie's Top Ten Christmas Lessons Learned

The tree was fake, the gifts expensive and the children were up early. Ahhhhh, another Christmas here and gone. Yet this was a great Christmas. It was spent with friends....and it was still fun! And here is what I learned:

1. My friend Nicole has mad skills when it comes to picking out great Christmas gifts.
2. My friend Beezy can cook like nobody's business.
3. Beezy's husband knows his way around a turkey.
4. Watching my kids open gifts tops any other gift I might receive.
5. Shipping from Alaska costs almost as much as Obama's new healthcare plan.
6. Homemade gifts haven't gone out of style.
7. Even the most active children sit still for "Twas the Night Before Christmas."
8. My husband has more fun with the kids' toys than they do.
9. A Nintendo Wii will unite a family like no other gift (complete with shouts of "I'm gonna kick your butt this time!"
10. And finally, it's worth it. All of it. The stress, the money, the rushing around. It could be more simple, and more inexpensive I suppose - but then it wouldn't really be Christmas :)

1 comment:

  1. you are so right on the Wii! we love ours too! I love your top ten lists too lol...way better than staying up late for the one's on TV :)

    ReplyDelete