Thursday, June 21, 2012

An Only Child

God blessed me with 3 children, although blessed often feels like too strong of a word.  However, each summer Austin and Connor return to Montana for 2 months to visit their dad.....leaving Noah an only child. 

I know what you're thinking, "but caring for just one must be easier."  You're wrong.  It most definitely is not.

An only child has ONLY his mother to distract him, entertain him, fight with him and play with him. 

Most days Noah and I follow a pretty relaxed routine that includes me working, him catching up on Dora the Explorer, some yard work, housework and a little TV in the evening.  Other days there is no relaxation to be found. 



For example, some days go like this:
1.  Noah finds it funny to put his underwear and pants on incorrectly, usually when we're trying to get ready to go somewhere.  This entails putting both feet into the same hole and hopping around yelling, "MY PANTS ARE ON BACKWARDS!!"

2.  Puts "only a little bit" i.e. huge glob of toothpaste on his toothbrush and then proceeds to smear it on the counter, the floor, his shirt and the sink.  I'm usually pretty unsure any made it into his mouth.

3.  Tries to recreate the tsunami of 2011 in my bathtub.  Pretty sure that doesn't need any more explanation.

4.   Lays on the dog, jumps over the dog, jumps onto the dog, uses the dog as a launching pad, steals the dog's toy......and then cannot understand why the dog snapped at him which hurts his feelings and causes him to cry.

5.  Last but not least, hijacks a king-size bed by pretending to be a barnacle and attaching himself firmly to my person at which point he begins to generate enough heat that causes me to think spontaneous combustion will be the cause of our house burning down.

Laugh it up everybody.  Someday I'm going to come to your house and recreate these incidents and see how funny YOU think it is!! :)

1 comment:

  1. I love my mornings when its just me and Irelyn. I feel like her big sister is so dominating of all of my attention and all games they play that its so nice for it to be all about Irelyn. But thats only for 5 hrs, two days a week. I'm sure 2 months is a little different :)

    ReplyDelete