Friday, April 3, 2009

The Mysterious and Mystical Moose

I'm sure you've all heard a lot about how people in Alaska see moose in their backyard all the time or wandering around downtown. In fact, my husband assures me this is truly a regular occurrance and that he just saw 5 the other night out at his mother's. However, I would like to expose it for the lie that it is!! I have been in Alaska for 3 weeks now and have not seen one single moose! Not one! I anxiously await my first sighting of Bullwinkle and have even squeezed in an extra run or two in hopes of catching a glimpse. Alas, he eludes me. I have a sneaking suspicion that with my luck, the first moose I see will be lying across the hood of my car and some smart-aleck game warden will say something like, "well I'll be damned! That's the biggest moose I've ever seen.... I don't know how you could have not seen it!"
Love,
Mooseless in Alaska

1 comment: