Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Whole lotta shakin' goin' on!



This is Noah expressing his surprise. If he could talk he'd say, "Oh my God! Did you feel that?!"

For those of you who need a refresher course in Earth Science, let me share this with you. Beautiful mountain ranges are made by.......that's right folks! Earthquakes!!

Picture it...Alaska....2009. I'm standing here in my living room talking to Dust and all of a sudden a huge boom, like a ginormous gunshot, goes off and my whole house starts shaking. It lasted maybe 20 seconds. No damage to the house (I bet they build for that sort of thing up here), and true to Alaskan form, I'll go pull my laundry out of the dryer and continue on with my day as if nothing has happened!

J~

1 comment:

  1. LOL! this cracks me up. we tend to watch our shakes and shimmies here, too. (I live on sand hill bewteen 2 faults :))The quakes don't affect our day, but we keep the 72 hour kits available and canned food rotated just in case.

    ReplyDelete