Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The Best Smell Ever!

So, last night we had a thunderstorm, which in and of itself is unusual for Alaska (but lately we've had really hot weather, like 65 degrees!). And we got rain, which was much needed. But the best part was THE SMELL!! When I took the doggies out to go potty this morning I could not believe how good it smelled. It was what I imagine the Amazon rain forest smells like all the time. Although words really can't describe it, I'll attempt it for those of you not here and lucky enough to experience it first hand. Ummmmm, yeah, anything I write here is going to sound like I'm attempting a novel. Just think adjectives, lots of them! At any rate, I got to thinking (as I was standing there patiently waiting for Beanie to find the PERFECT spot), if through some miracle of science that smell could be bottled I would use it everywhere in my house. I'd spray it on my sheets, put it on the back of the toilet for air freshner, sprinkle it on my carpet when I vacuum and of course use it as lotion! Yup, it was that good.

1 comment:

  1. mmmmm...smells good! almost as good as fresh coffee!

    ReplyDelete