Sunday, May 3, 2009

And So It Begins....

Noah and Connor before leaving on our "adventure".

We adventured today. We headed out towards Palmer and went to a park by the Matanuska River. Very nice weather. Took the camera, forgot the camera in the car! Dammit!! At any rate, it has a nice campground so I think we'll stay out there a time or two this summer. Looking forward to many more adventurings, hope the weather holds out.
Speaking of the weather, it was soooo stinkin' hot today - 64 degrees! I thought I was going to melt. Also met a very nice couple from, OF COURSE, Montana (Miles City and Whitefish).
Oh and one other thing, my mother-in-law told me we'd be able to "hear" the cottonwoods popping open. Sure enough, on a walk down to the lake tonight I definitely heard the snap, crackle and pop of cottonwood leaves opening up. Can't wait for those musical buggers to start sticking to my car! :)
J~

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you guys are getting out and exploring. How fun for the boys. You guys have a lot of territory up there to check out! Please, please send me a copy of those cute pictures. Noah is getting so stinkin' BIG:)

    ReplyDelete