Saturday, May 9, 2009

It's a Bird, It's a Plane, and another plane and another...

We live directly on the flight line. In fact, I'm convinced that if you live anywhere in Alaska you live directly on the flight line. The Alaska Almanac states that 1 in 69 people in Alaska own/fly a plane! Don't hurt yourself, I'll do the math for you - that's approximately 10,346 pilots in a state that has a total population of approximately 626,932. The moral of this story is that no matter where I'm at, home, Wal-Mart, picking the boys up from school, Anchorage (you get the point), there is usually a plane flying overhead.

A quick nod to a new blog I've encountered that I think you will all enjoy. If you have time check this gal out, she is hilarious!! She lives in Alaska and has wonderful stories and insights about Alaska and life in general. http://www.elisepatkotak.com/

Hope you all have a good weekend and don't forget to love on your mother!
J~

1 comment:

  1. haha :) Welcome to my world. One day an F22 is going to blow out the windows in my house.

    ReplyDelete