Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The Cookie Dough Incident

For those of you who know me, I have always been working on losing a few pounds (that's code for 50+ pounds). After I had the twins I lost almost 60 pounds. And after having Noah I waited about a year, but once again am back at it. I've been committed and dedicated to my quest since January. I joined the gym, I've seriously modified my diet.....I GAVE UP MY MOCHAS! I've tried edamame, red peppers, spinach and feta. I KNOW WHAT VEGGIE-LOADING IS!! and I like it (gasp!) And (golf clap anyone?) I'm down 11 pounds. I have sweated, substituted and de-sugared like nobody's business for every ounce of those 11 pounds.

Yesterday I had a weak moment. I kept trying to think of something, anything! that sounded appealing that was even remotely healthy. All I wanted was cookie dough. So I made the cookie dough (Erin, I know what you're thinking, please don't cry.....). I ate some, then I ate a little more. Then I ate a healthy dinner.

Then I sat down to watch Biggest Loser and I ate a little more while I was watching. I know, I know, the irony right? But then I went to bed and forgot about it. Rather than sticking my face in that bowl and inhaling the whole bowl like a dog who hasn't been fed in days, I ate a little bit each time and went to bed satisfied (that's kind of a white lie, I wanted more but was finally able to say NO! I WILL NOT EAT YOU COOKIE DOUGH, NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU BEG!!)

And then I got up and went to the gym this morning, ate a healthy breakfast and lunch and settled in to start on pound #12. Look out Tyra, Cindy and Heidi, here comes Jujee!! All 5' of me in a fun-sized package! Woot! Woot!

2 comments:

  1. As soon as I saw the title I thought to myself "NO, NO, say it ain't so!" I guess one small step for Jujee, one big step for weight challenged women everywhere for only indulging a little bit. I must be honest here, I took last week off from running and eating healthy and was to start again this Monday. Well its Wednesday and I still haven't run yet. As Brooklynn would say "Bummer Dude".

    ReplyDelete