Friday, May 21, 2010

Stinkin' Summer "Vacation"!

When I was a kid I looked forward to summer vacation for 9 months. Now that I'm a mom, I dread summer vacation for 9 months. Let's face it, 9 months just isn't enough time to mentally prepare yourself for the birth of a child, let alone 3 solid months of "quality time" with your children!

As my husband left the house this morning he was actually chuckling. I heard definite sarcasm in his voice when he said, "and have a GOOD day!" The fact that I was clinging to his leg pleading, "please don't leave me alone with them, please, please please! You know they'll eat me alive! They're practically pirhanas, I don't stand a chance!" seemed to have no effect on him whatsoever. Rotten bastard. Very rarely do I envy his 40-hour work week, having to deal with all the office politics and people (I get to work in my pajamas, so there!), but today I was a particularly nasty shade of green.

I suppose I need to put my big girl panties on and just deal with it. Good thing that wearing my big girl panties also entitles me to buying signifcant amounts of alcohol. Maybe this summer won't be so bad after all........

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhh, how I do not envy you. When my girls are that age we will be having tea parties and slumber parties. However when they are 15 and 17 I know that you will not envy me:)

    ReplyDelete