Friday, March 26, 2010

Funny Body Part Names

I once read that every family develops it's own language. After realizing that our family does not call a single body part by it's correct anatomical name, I would have to agree. The following is a short list of what we call things:
1. Head = Melon
2. Forehead = Foremelon
3. Feet = Putties
4. Stomach = Buddha
5. Boy parts = peepers

Funny story about that last one. My sister coached Austin and Connor in a gymnastics class a few years back. With the whole class lined up and supposed to be watching her for direction, she stated, "Now everyone open your peepers..." Silly Aunt Erin, what a crazy thing to say! Austin and Connor stood up and started to pull down their shorts!

Occasionally I wonder if we should start teaching them the proper names, but then I realize that would cut down on a large majority of the funny stories I have to tell my family. :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, you have no idea how humiliated I was at that moment. So glad I can look back now and laugh with you:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I imagine the boys were pretty excited to show off their peepers!! LOL

    I have told my own sons the 'right' word for their parts at a very young age, causing many embarrassing moments.

    When a little boy yells out, "my peeper hurts!" in public, sounds better than, "my penis hurts!" What's up with those things anyway?

    I shoulda held off longer! Thanks for the laugh..

    ReplyDelete