Tuesday, March 16, 2010

An Ode to Chocolate

On any given day I can find a really good reason why I need chocolate. The dog made a mess, the kids made a mess, my life is a mess! I'm happy, I'm sad, I'm apathetic! I worked out, I didn't work out, I thought about working out! It's movie night, it's Arbor Day, it's Tuesday! The list goes on and on (indefinitely).

But seriously, I'm fairly certain that if all the world leaders sat down together in the Hershey's Factory and put their brilliant minds to it, they could solve the world's problems with chocolate.

Chocolate provides all the things a woman needs in life. It is rich, it is silent and there is an endless variety of things you can do with it. My friend Beezy and I have a running joke about all the things we would like to do with chocolate. Basically we start out by saying we'd like an apple (for example), but only if it's dipped in chocolate, rolled in chocolate, fried in chocolate and covered in chocolate sprinkles. Then the other person has to come back with an even better way to cover that apple in chocolate, like covered in chocolate drizzle and smothered in chocolate. It can go on for a very long time and can be exceptionally entertaining.

But I digress. I could give the Illiad and the Odyssey a run for their money when it comes to talking about chocolate. Suffice it to say, although you don't really need a reason to eat chocolate (or bathe in it), if you feel that you do you can call me and I will gladly help you out.

No comments:

Post a Comment