Wednesday, March 17, 2010

"That is NOT what we use that for!"

Wooo Hoooo! A bonus post this week - consider it my gift to you. Actually, I was just sitting here (yes, rather than working) and was chuckling about dual conversations held over the phone between my sister and I. It used to be I was the only one of us that had kids and my sister would often hear things like, "Your brother is not a punching bag!" and "So help me God, if you do that one more time!" while we were talking on the phone. She was very patient and would often laugh at how I could yell at children and have a civil phone conversation at the same time. Now she has kids. And now I get to laugh. The other day we were talking and she said, "Don't stick that noodle there!" and "what did I say about crayons!" Some other favorites that come to mind are, "The toilet is NOT a swimming pool!" "For the love of God, I just cleaned that!" We used to roll our eyes at our mother who could be yelling like a banshee one moment and then answer the phone and be as sweet as pie the next, "Get to your room before I beat you until your legs fall off!......" (ring, ring......) "Well hello, of course I'll bake a cake, no problem......"

2 comments:

  1. because eating some (or all) of that cake will make ignoring that mess in the living room, kitchen, bathroom...etc...so much easier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't even begin to imagine what I will be saying when I have 2 oompaloompas running around. "Crazy...Crazy..Crazy...What the hell was I saying?" Thanks for including me in your "bonus" blog.:)

    ReplyDelete