Wednesday, July 25, 2012

A Modern Day Love Affair



Don't be confused darlings, that is a picture of my brand-spanking new dishwasher.  As many of you know I have been living a harder simpler life since we moved into this house, which includes washing dishes by hand (not by choice) and in the last 6 months or so hanging all my clothes on a clotheslines in the basement (because the dryer died)......don't cry for me, it's character-building (or so my dad likes to say). 

At any rate, due to my husband's recent job switch and massive amounts of overtime, we can finally afford to start heading back into the 21st century.  This last weekend we went to Lowe's where I thoroughly harrassed the nice salesman and finally picked out a new dishwasher.  It was in and running in no time and I happily encouraged my friends to eat as much as they wanted and use ALL my dishes if they liked, since I no longer had to stand in front of the sink and wash them one by one!

Now I often find myself gazing lovingly at my dishwasher, speaking sweet nothings to it while I load dirty dishes in it and when no one is looking I even stroke the clean white button panel.......but I digress.  

I know how anxious you are to hear about the arrival of my sweet little washer and dryer next month, so I will dutifully keep you posted :)

Love,
Jules

1 comment:

  1. Congrats and welcome back to the amazing technology of the 1980's!! I'm wondering what in the world you'll do with all of the free time you'll now have? Hmmmm, scrapbooking, long walks holding hands with your hubby. I'll let you decide which would be more beneficial :)

    ReplyDelete