Thursday, July 12, 2012

Blink and You Miss It

Blink and you miss it is a phrase often associated with things like really tiny towns, lightening and the amount of time a $100 bill stays in my wallet.  It would also be aptly used to describe this summer in Alaska.  We've had maybe a week of sunshine.  While my mother is down in Montana bitching about the heat, I'm up here bitching about the rain.  The grass is always greener........in Alaska. 

A few posts ago I told you about Greta and her amazing digging ability, which has been directed in a full-on offensive at my flower beds.  Throughout all the digging I was still able to hold on to hope that the annuals I put in containers this year would flourish.  Too bad they're drowning.  The cucumbers in my garden only made it through the first week after transplant before they declared there would be no pickles this year, yellowed up and died.  I stood over them and said, "You are the weakest link!"  Hardy vegetables my ass. 

I've always believed that it's best to try and find the bright side in everything as much as possible, but I'm really struggling with this one.  We had 139" of snow this last winter (almost 12' for those of you who are also math challenged).  I figured God had "blessed" us with as much precipitation as one area could ask for.  Boy, when I'm wrong I'm really wrong (refer to first husband for another classic example of this theory in action). 

Oh well, I suppose acting like a big old cry-baby-pee-pants won't make the rain stop.  Perhaps I should start designing umbrellas.  Do you suppose anybody would want one that says "Noah built his ark and all I got was this dumb umbrella."?

No comments:

Post a Comment