Monday, July 16, 2012

The Old Switcheroo

I love change.  Lots of it, all the time.  I tend to change my hair color every few months, my vehicle every few years and my underwear every day.  My mom says I'm a bit of a gypsy.  I love new places, faces and spaces baby!  Unfortunately I am now married and a mother.....and not everyone likes change as much as I do.  So I get by with little changes here and there, things like paint or pictures, so on and so forth.  One of my most favorite changes has always been rearranging furniture.  You can have a whole new room in 10 minutes!  Again, pretty sure I'm the only one in my family that feels this way as everyone else rolls their eyes and groans when I say, "Let's just change it up a bit in here shall we?" 

My latest project has been moving Noah to the top floor and moving my office from the cleaning closet to Noah's old room.  In order to move Noah upstairs, I had to move his brothers over into the other room.  This has been AWESOME.  I've gotten to paint like a crazy woman, move lots of furniture and make a bazillion trips up and down the stairs (good for the glutes and hammies!)  Sadly, my husband does not share my enthusiasm and for those of you who know my husband, this is not surprising. 

On Sunday I asked for his assistance in moving furniture from the basement to the 2nd floor.  He trudged down the stairs as slowly as possible while I jumped around like the squirrel in Over The Hedge (who acts like he's on crack and speed simultaneously).  Dustin patiently asked, "Haven't we already moved these several times?"  To which I replied, "Nope, you're hallucinating.  We've only moved the corner desk from the old house to this house, right into this spot, and the white desk from upstairs to its current location."  I could see him mentally treading water as he searched for another tactic to avoid this chore.  As I'm sure you've surmised, he didn't find one and the furniture is now in its next temporary location. 

I often think that the desire to keep things the way they are is just around the corner and someday I'll be content to just sit back and enjoy the changing of the seasons, changing the radio station and changing my daily calendar page.  Bwahahahahaha (hysterical evil laugh).  As IF!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm hoping the next post has some pictures included. Those of us that don't live in the Arctic would like to see the improvements!! Can't wait to see you in 2 weeks you little Gypsey:)

    ReplyDelete