Friday, January 22, 2010

It's All About Me!!

I finally did it....wait for it...wait for it....I bought new underwear and socks!! Isn't it amazing how many things you can put off needing and wanting when you have children? I could spend a fortune in all kinds of places, but instead I choose to feed, clothe and entertain my children. I suppose this makes me a good mom, but I do have a dirty little secret to confess. Sometimes I wish I could indulge my selfish side just a little bit more. As I sit here daydreaming (while I should be working of course), I can think of several ways I would treat myself more regularly if my children didn't require most of my cash flow:

1. I'd get a haircut more often than once every 6 months.
2. I'd buy new shoes, running AND casual.....AT THE SAME TIME!!
3. I would wash my car once a week instead of once a year.
4. I would buy things for my house besides cleaning supplies.
5. Dinner and a movie would mean a nice restraunt and the movie theater rather than Arby's and Blockbuster.

Ahhhh, if only. Someday my children will have left the nest and I will have gobs of free time and perhaps a little more money. Sadly, something tells me I will still dress in sweats and my old tennies while I drive my dirty old car to go grab dinner at Arby's and rent a movie at Blockbuster! Some habits die hard.

2 comments:

  1. You are a good mommy and some day your kids will appreciate it. I'm sure your new haircut looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ughh...the things I would buy for myself if I didn't have dogs that ate all the underwear! lol. I'm actually looking forward to spending it all on a kid someday...maybe then I won't spoilt my dogs so badly.

    ReplyDelete