Monday, January 18, 2010

The Sweetest Sound

Many, many moons ago, when I still lived with my parents, I used to yell out, "Moooommmm" about 600 times a day. And many, many times I would hear my mom mumble under her breath, "I'm changing my name." Now, after a busy day and many echoes of, "Mom, have you seen my...?" and, "Mom, will you...?" I think that joining the circus under the name "World's Greatest Drinker of Coffee" sounds awfully attractive.

Then yesterday it happened. My adorable little 16-month-old said it. He finally said mama. And I remembered how wonderful it is to hear that sweetest of sounds. And for awhile, I will savor every single time he says that word. And for awhile, I won't cringe when I hear the other two say it, over and over and over again, because I will remember how lucky I am to have 3 little people that think mom is a title greater than any other.

No comments:

Post a Comment