Thursday, January 28, 2010

One of THOSE Days....

I got up this morning with the best of intentions, but sometimes fate and hormones just refuse to let you have the kind of day you were hoping for. I started out the morning with a very angry shout from my neighbor to "keep that dog on a leash!" I didn't get the incredibly sincere, heartfelt, "love you too" from my husband that I felt I deserved. My kids didn't make it to the bus on time so I had to drive them to school. All in all, one of those mornings where I just wanted to crawl back into bed and hibernate for the rest of the day.....or go get a massage from some non-English-speaking, strikingly handsome Hispanic man named Antonio, either one would do.

Unfortunately, I haven't found Antonio yet and I have a TON of other things that need to get done, so hibernating is out of the question. I decided that I needed an intervention, so I called the one person I rely on to be sympathetic and motivating at the same time, my sister. She listed several ways to get myself back on track but didn't strike gold until she mentioned going to get a coffee. Why hadn't I thought of that?!

And here I am, in front of the computer, feeling somewhat better and back to hoping the rest of the day turns out okay :)

2 comments:

  1. Glad I could be there for ya. Heck, where else am I going to be? I don't get to leave my house until April:~) Hope the rest of your day is productive and happy.

    ReplyDelete