Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Why Is It?

Lately it seems that this is a recurring question. Often I feel that I "did not get the memo" and that things have changed without anyone consulting me! The nerve. While in the shower this morning (I know, a lot of these posts have to do with my bathing habits, but that's the only place I get peace and quiet to think!), I started to think about all of the things that struck me as "not quite right," and as a courtesy to you my loyal followers, I have listed my Top 10 below!

Why Is It......
1. Jehovah's Witnesses go door to door, but chocolate salesmen do not?
2. Substitution lists in cookbooks never have the substitutions I need?
3. The more sleep I get, the bigger the bags under my eyes?
4. All that white snow causes my car to be so dirty?
5. Telemarketers don't look at their watches before they call me to beg me to buy something I don't even remotely need or want?
6. I can visualize an oasis and relax, but I can't visualize exercise and get skinny?
7. All the great Christmas decorations go on sale AFTER Christmas when I have no money left?
8. My children will only knock over their baby brother if he's the only thing in the room to go around?
9. My children can squeeze toothpaste everywhere but on their toothbrushes?
10. No amount of singing in the kitchen causes cute furry little animals to do MY housework? Thanks Walt Disney, for misleading me through my entire childhood! No dwarfs, animals or fairy dust to magically make my chores disappear!

1 comment: