Thursday, March 26, 2009

"It's a bird, it's a plane...."

I had to chuckle this morning as I went out for my first run in Alaska at about 7:30 a.m. My neighbors were probably watching out their windows, with hot coffee in hand, going "What the hell is that, a big ball of fleece rolling down the street?" I was suited up from head to toe in preparation for freezing cold and looked like the Michelin tire man, but determined to start running again. Alas, it turned out to be quite nice and I ended up shedding most of my layers. Hopefully I resembled a more human figure on my return trip home and my neighbors could finally quit laughing and drink their coffee :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you (and a little jealous) that you are running again. I bet that is a good stress reliever. Keep it up. 12-K next year and half marathon after that!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm proud that you are running in Alaska... I personally hate running unless there is a purpose such as saving your life or playin sports. Keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete