Saturday, March 14, 2009

"The Middle of Nowhere"







1. Dustin building the trailer with his "apprentice" Austin doing the measuring.
2. The view from the car somewhere between Whitecort and Grand Prairie (the middle of nowhere).
3. Connor, navigator/co-pilot and all-around good guy.
Yeah, they do have Wi-Fi in our motel! And the adventure continues. Today went much better. We got started a little earlier, about 8:45 a.m., and enjoyed good roads all the way to Grand Prairie. We went through a little snow, but nothing us Montanans haven't seen before, yeeeee-haw :)

Connor was riding with me this afternoon, acting as my navigator/co-pilot (check out the pictures!!), fiddling with his headset and looking at the map. He looks up at me and declares in the most dead-pan manner, "Mom, I've looked at the map and we are in the middle of nowhere." I laughed so hard I almost peed myself! He had no idea how right he was too.

We are finally getting into some pretty country, at least what I consider pretty, with trees and some variation in elevation (driving through the prairie puts me to sleep). More snow up here, but not enough to be scary yet.

Probably 2-3 days of travel left depending on road conditions, etc. Hoping to make it to Watson Lake tomorrow. Don't forget, check out the pictures (that is, if I can figure out how to put them on here :-)

J~



No comments:

Post a Comment