Friday, March 20, 2009

It's burning my retinas!

Hello all!  We're here and in our house in Wasilla.  Not completely unpacked yet, but hacking away at it a little at a time.  Dustin starts work in Anchorage on Monday driving dump truck.  The boys are in school at Cottonwood Creek Elementary and today was their first day.  They both said they really enjoyed it and their teachers seemed very nice when I met them this morning.

The sun is soooooo bright!  You wouldn't believe it would be that much different, but it truly is. Our house has beautiful big windows that lets the sun in during the afternoon and we can completely shut off the heat because it gets so hot in there.  

Not much else to report for now, but I'll get on again later with an update.  My DSL gets hooked up on Tuesday (Grandma Doris has been letting me use her computer since we got here :)

3 comments:

  1. So glad you made it and the boys started school. I'll call you on Tuesday or Wednesday after your phone is hooked up. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay.. I'm so glad you made it. It's great that the boys like school, that is a big help with the adjustment. Hope you are enjoying the sun, we got six inches of snow last night :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEY!!! so exciting :) I've really enjoyed reading about your adventure...can't wait to see where it goes now that chapter one is over! Love you miss you!

    ReplyDelete