Sunday, March 15, 2009

Julie's Top 10



What an interesting day. We made really good time and distance, all the way from Airdrie (outside Calgary), to Grand Prairie (about 350 miles). Not much of a drive scenery-wise, but happily uneventful. During all this uneventful driving time, I had a lot of chances to observe my surroundings and come up with a Top 10 list for the day...
  1. The trees this far north look like cocktail toothpicks, the ones you get in a sandwich, with the little colored wrapping on the top.

  2. They have all these "Litter Barrel Ahead" signs and stops, but NOWHERE to go to the bathroom. They don't care if you pee your pants for 350 miles, but make sure you don't litter!

  3. The scenery is very monochromatic...white snow, black trees, gray sky. I felt like I was in an Ansel Adams portrait.

  4. Roadkill has a whole different meaning up here. I thought I saw a dead woolly mammoth on the side of the road, but Dustin assures me it was a moose.

  5. Noah is worried that we're trying to ensure the back of his head is permanently flat (yes, he told me that!)

  6. My side mirror took one for the team when a semi-truck chucked a rock at it and broke off a huge piece of the back and top. Bastards. (The rocks, not the trucks).

  7. Austin and Connor wondered why in the cartoons only girls (including animals) have eyelashes. How observant they are! I've never thought about this before. Nor have I had this much time to think about this before......hmmmm.

  8. I have to wear my sunglasses all the time regardless of whether or not the sun is out, so I don't go snowblind! Oh well, it makes me feel that I'm somewhat cooler than I actually am (no pun intended).

  9. We ate at the neatest place today called Sasquatch Crossing, and let me assure you, if Sasquatch exists, this is definitely where he is hiding out. There is NOTHING but trees and snow for as far as you can see and beyond (and that is a long frickin' way, let me tell you!)

  10. Finally, we're over half-way there! And we haven't killed each other yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment